I have a unique recipe to warm up the hands and feet (and anything else) that might get cold. It is perfect for Winter and holiday gifting as well as to keep on hand for those chilly days, so I am sharing it now. I call it Heat in a Can.
Apply it to your skin when you are feeling cold or after you have come in from the cold. The essential oils in the recipe are warm oils and will warm up your skin and muscles. It will also soften the skin.
The blend of these specific oils reminds my family of warm pumpkin bread or pie. It smells good enough to eat. Warning! It may make you want to start baking.
– 1/8 cup beeswax – 1/3 cup coconut oil – 2 drops Clove essential oil – 3 drops each Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon essential oils – Containers for your balm
1. Place beeswax and coconut oil in a small pot over medium heat on stove (or use microwave).
2. Stir occasionally until wax and oil is melted. Let cool for a minute.
3. Drop essential oils into your container and slowly pour the wax/oil mixture. Mix gently to blend.
4. Let cool and harden before applying to skin.
Shop for essential oils here.
– Inspired by Nadia Pinna, West Virgina (doTERRA’s Living Magazine)